Success Center at The Counseling Center
The Counseling Center’s Success Center is a one-of-a-kind service for our clients and employees. We offer classes and one-on-one guidance for a wide range of life skills. We have a variety of vocational development programs to help clients achieve stability and independence in a safe, supportive social and work environment. It is our goal to strengthen relationships with Community Resources and Community Partners. In building these relationships, we hope to streamline the process to better serve our clients when working with agencies such as Ohio Means Jobs, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, Community Action Organization, Southeastern Ohio Educational Services Center, Aspire, Shawnee State University, Driving Scioto Co. and others alike. In addition to strengthening relations with community resources, it is our goal to maintain relationships with local employers who are in need of reliable staff and fulfill the need of our clients who are in need of employment.
We have broken down our department into three main areas of assistance.
- Life skills, Life Management, Occupation Pathway Advising, and ongoing support. These topics include:
- Interview Skills
- Job Readiness/Placement
- Budget Training and Money Management
- Credit Education
- Vocational Training Preparedness
- Assistance in identifying barriers to obtaining a driver’s license and government documents
- Dress for Success: Clothing assistance program for all individuals enrolled in our organization.
- Introduction to Construction & Heavy Equipment Operator Training
- Environmental Services
- Automotive (ASC Certification Prep)
- Deckhand Training
- NCCER Certified Electrical Training (Part 1)
- Introduction to Plumbing
- Clerical Training
Through our Educational Instructor and partnership with the Southern Ohio Educational Services Center, we offer:
- General Education Tutoring
- High School Equivalency Coursework (GED)
- College Connection Assistance